TELEPHONE No. 251
Wooden wall telephone used in Auto, Magneto and CBS No's 1, 2 & 3 areas on long lines. It has a Telephone No. 164 as a handset.
Generally a BPO factory refurbished Telephone No. 151 with the fixed transmitter removed.
Introduced in 1944 this set was specifically for long lines and it is thought that it was for use in areas that had sustained war damage to the local exchange.
Last revised: May 15, 2010