TELEPHONE No. 152


Introduced in 1936, this is a telephone housed in a Teak box, suspended by extendable rods and balance weights, from an overhead rail.

This was a special item only used in Billingsgate Fishmarket, London.

The phone was mounted in the box which could be lowered or moved sideways on overhead rails.

Introduced 1936.

The Telephone No. 152A was fitted with a Telephone No. 162 mounted on a Bellset No. 25.
The Telephone No. 152B was fitted with a Telephone No. 232 mounted on a Bellset No. 26.

Adjustment of Magneto bells
 



The picture above shows a Telephone No. 121 in use

 

You can just about see two telephone boxes, one to the left above the two chaps heads
and the other just to the right of centre

 

The two pictures above show the telephone boxes
in the raised and lowered positions

 

 
BACK Home page BT/GPO Telephones Search the Site Glossary of Telecom Terminology Quick Find All Telephone Systems

Last revised: May 27, 2017

FM